Column: The comparison of our STAM™ and other NASH models
- PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
SMC laboratories prides itself on proprietary its NASH-HCC model ( “STAMTM mice” ) that can be used for your NASH, fibrosis and HCC R&D projects.
The model has the following features compared with other NASH models.
- reproduces the characteristics of human NASH patients such as mild elevation of ALT, and hepatocyte ballooning
- shows prompt disease development to HCC by 20 wks of age
- has customizable treatment periods depending on the MOA of the drug or the disease target
- has been utilized in collaborations with more than 500 clients/compounds worldwide
- has generated data for 15 compounds that have progressed into clinical trials
Please find below the comparison table of STAM™ and other NASH models.
|Model||STAM™1,2||Amlyin3||MCDD4,5,6||ob/ob mouse5||human NASH|
|Blood ALT↑||Mild increase||Increase||Increase||*||✓|
|Time to develop NASH||6-8wks||30wks||5-8wks||8-12wks||-|
|Time to develop tumors||16-20wks||-||-||-||-|
|% of mice with HCC||100%(20wks)||-||-||-||-|
 Fujii M., et al, Med. Mol. Morphol., 2013, 46:141-52
 Van der Schueren B., et al, Int. J. Obes., 2015, 39:1254-63
 Clapper JR., et al, Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol., 305: G483-G495
 Hansen HH., et al, Drug Discov Today. 2017, 22:1707-1718
 Van Herck MA., et al, Nutrients, 2017, 9:1072
 Bertola A. Liver Research., 2018, 2: 3-13
*; none reported
We believe that a pharmacological study using this model could help you progress with the research and development of your compound.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like further information on any of these models or our services.