SMC Laboratories is highly regarded worldwide as a consulting CRO that designs studies in line with the demands of pharmaceutical companies and research institutions.
In particular, in the NASH-HCC field, SMC is a highly regarded CRO, because of our unique STAM™ mice.
The results achieved with our STAM™ have been introduced in academic publications as well as scientific conferences.
- Notable magazines
- PNAS, Oncotarget, Hepatology, Plos One etc.
- Notable events
- DDW, AASLD, EASL, AACR etc.
International Journal of Gastroenterology, "Characterization of EDP-305, a Highly Potent and Selective Farnesoid X Receptor Agonist, for the Treatment of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis" (International Journal of Gastroenterology, DOI: 10.11648/j.ijg.20190301.12, 2019)
- Experimental Animals, "Analysis of amino acid profiles of blood over time and biomarkers associated with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in STAM™ mice" (Exp Anim., DOI: 10.1538/expanim.18-0152, 2019)
- Frontiers in Genetics, "Gene Expression and DNA Methylation Alterations During Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis-Associated Liver Carcinogenesis" (Front Genet., May 29;10:486, 2019)
- Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, "The lysyl oxidase like 2/3 enzymatic inhibitor, PXS-5153A, reduces crosslinks and ameliorates fibrosis" (J Cell Mol Med., 23:1759-1770, 2019)
- Scientific Reports, "Connectivity mapping of angiotensin-PPAR interactions involved in the amelioration of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis by Telmisartan" (Sci Rep., Mar 8;9(1):4003, 2019)
- NPJ Precision Oncology, "Transcriptomic analysis of hepatocellular carcinoma reveals molecular features of disease progression and tumor immune biology" (NPJ Precis Oncol., DOI: 10.1038/s41698-018-0068-8, 2018)
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, "Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 inhibitors Reduce Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Activating Lymphocyte Chemotaxis in Mice" (CMGH, DOI: 10.1016/j.jcmgh.2018.08.008, 2018)
- Glycoconjugate Journal, “Identification of unique glycoisoforms of vitamin D-binding protein and haptoglobin as biomarker candidates in hepatocarcinogenesis of STAM™ mice” (Glycoconj J., Oct;35(5):467-476, 2018)
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, “Integrative genomic analysis of mouse and human hepatocellular carcinoma” (Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1811029115, 2018)
33. Liver Cancer, “Effects of a DPP4 Inhibitor on Progression of NASH-related HCC and the p62/ Keap1/Nrf2-Pentose Phosphate Pathway in a Mouse Model” (Liver Cancer, DOI: 10.1159/000491763, 2018)
- PLoS One, “Gemcabene downregulates inflammatory, lipid-altering and cell-signaling genes in the STAM™ model of NASH” (PLoS One, 13(5): e0194568 , 2018)
- World Journal of Gastroenterology, “Mouse models for investigating the underlying mechanisms of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis-derived hepatocellular carcinoma” (World J Gastroenterol, 24(18):1989-1994, 2018)
- The FASEB Journal, “Epigenetically mediated inhibition of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and the associated dysregulation of 1-carbon metabolism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma“ (FASEB J, DOI:10.1096/fj.201700866R, 2017)
- Oncotarget, “MicroRNA deregulation in nonalcoholic steatohepatitisassociated liver carcinogenesis” (Oncotarget, 8:88517-88528, 2017)
- Oncotarget, “Peretinoin, an acyclic retinoid, suppresses steatohepatitis and tumorigenesis by activating autophagy in mice fed an atherogenic high-fat diet” (Oncotarget, 8:39978-39993, 2017)
- Physiological Research,“Pathophysiological analysis of the progression of hepatic lesions in STAM™ mice.” (Physiological Research, 66:791-799, 2017)
- Molecular Cancer Research, “Inhibition of the cell death pathway in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)-related hepatocarcinogenesis is associated with histone H4 lysine 16 deacetylation” (Molecular Cancer Research, DOI:10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-17-0109, 2017)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging,“The natural history of streptozotocin-stimulated non-alcoholic steatohepatitis mice followed by Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI: Comparison with simple steatosis mice.” (Magn Reson Imaging, 38:123-128, 2017)
- Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, “Selective Inhibition of Autotaxin Is Efficacious in Mouse Models of Liver Fibrosis” (J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 360:1-13, 2017)
- Oncotarget, “Distinctly altered gut microbiota in the progression of liver disease” (Oncotarget, 7: 19355-19366, 2016)
- Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, “Empagliflozin (an SGLT2 inhibitor), alone or in combination with linagliptin (a DPP-4 inhibitor), prevents steatohepatitis in a novel mouse model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and diabetes“ (Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, 8:45, 2016)
- Journal of Immunology, Infection & Inflammatory Diseases, “Solithromycin Diminishes Steatohepatitis by Modulating Gluconeogenesis and Inhibits Tumor Growth in a Diabetic Mouse Model of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis” (J Immunol Infect Inflam Dis, 1:004, 2016)
- PLoS One, “Antifibrotic Effects of the Dual CCR2/CCR5 Antagonist Cenicriviroc in Animal Models of Liver and Kidney Fibrosis“ (PLoS One, 11:e0158156, 2016)
- Cell Reports, “Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Regulate Tumor-Initiating Cell Plasticity in Hepatocellular Carcinoma through c-Met/FRA1/HEY1 Signaling” (Cell Press, 15:1175-1189, 2016)
- International Journal of Medical Sciences, “Palmitate-induced Regulation of PPARγ via PGC1α: a Mechanism for Lipid Accumulation in the Liver in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease” (Int. J. Med. Sci, 13:169-178, 2016)
- European Journal of Pharmacology, “Lipid-lowering agents inhibit hepatic steatosis in a non-alcoholic steatohepatitis-derived hepatocellular carcinoma mouse model” (Eur J Pharmacol, 772:22-32, 2016)
- Scientific Reports, “Characterization of hepatic lipid profiles in a mouse model with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and subsequent fibrosis” (Sci Rep., 12466, 2015)
- International Journal of Obesity, “Low cytochrome oxidase 4I1 links mitochondriazzzl dysfunction to obesity and type 2 diabetes in humans and mice” (Int J Obes, 39:1254-63, 2015)
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, “Immunomodulatory spherical nucleic acids” (Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 31;112:3892-7, 2015)
- Oncology Reports, “Hepatic expression of the Sptlc3 subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase is associated with the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in a mouse model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis” (Oncol Rep, 33:1657-66, 2015)
- Drug R D, “In Vivo Efficacy Study of Milk Thistle Extract (ETHIS-094TM) in STAM™ Model of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis” (Drugs R D, 14:291-9, 2014)
- PLoS One, “Photoacoustic Tomography of Human Hepatic Malignancies Using Intraoperative Indocyanine Green Fluorescence Imaging” (PLoS One, 9:e112667, 2014)
- Cancer Science, “Silencing of microRNA-122 is an early event during hepatocarcinogenesis from non-alcoholic steatohepatitis” (Cancer Sci, 105:1254-60, 2014)
- Anticancer Research, “Characterization of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis-derived hepatocellular carcinoma as a human stratification model in mice” (Anticancer Res, 34:4849-4856, 2014)
- PLoS One, “L-carnitine prevents progression of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in a mouse model with upregulation of mitochondrial pathway.” (PLoS One, 9:e100627, 2014)
- Medical Molecular Morphology, “Linagliptin alleviates hepatic steatosis and inflammation in a mouse model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis” (Med Mol Morph, 47:137-149)
- PLoS One, “Therapy of Experimental NASH and Fibrosis with Galectin Inhibitors” (PLoS One, 8:e83481, 2013)
- International Journal of Oncology, “Identification of an H2-Kb or H2-Db restricted and glypican-3-derived cytotoxic T-lymphocyte epitope peptide” (Int J Oncol, 42:831-838, 2013)
- International Journal of Experimental Pathology, “Inhibition of Glutaminyl Cyclases alleviates CCL2-mediated inflammation of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in mice” (Int J Exp Pathol, 94: 217-225, 2013)
- Medical Molecular Morphology, “A murine model for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis showing evidence of association between diabetes and hepatocellular carcinoma” (Med Mol Morph, 46:141-152, 2013)
- Hepatology, “Hydrogen-rich water prevents progression of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and accompanying hepatocarcinogenesis in mice” (Hepatology, 56:912-921, 2012)
- Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, “Effects of Dietary Supplementation with Betaine on a Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Mouse Model” (J Nutr Sci Vitaminol, 58:371–375, 2012)
DDW 2019, “Change of Gut Microbiome after Treatment with the Traditional Japanese Medicine Daisaikoto is Associated with Improved Liver Steatosis in a Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Mouse Model” TSUMURA & Co.
- DDW 2019, “Influence of the O-GlcNAc Modification in Hepatic Carcinogenesis by Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease” Osaka Medical College
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2018, “LXR inverse agonists reduce steatosis and fibrosis in the STAM™ mouse model but also improve insulin sensitivity in a high fat diet mouse clamp study” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG
- 3rd Annual World Preclinical Congress Europe 2018, “LXR Inverse Agonists for the Treatment of NASH” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG
- 3rd Annual World Preclinical Congress Europe 2018, “MTBL0036, a Promising, New Anti-NASH and Antifibrotic Candidate: MTBL0036 showed a decrease in NAFLD Activity score in the STAM™ model” Metabolys, Inc.
- AASLD 2018, “AXA1125, a Novel Composition of Amino Acids Reprograms the Multifactorial Pathophysiology in NAFLD” Axcella Health Inc.
- AASLD 2018, “Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Using 2-Deoxy-D-Glucose Encapsulated in PLGA Nanoparticles in Mice” Kawasaki Medical School
- AASLD 2018, “Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitors Reduce the Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
By Activating T Cell and Natural Killer Cell Chemotaxis in Mice” Kawasaki Medical School
- AASLD 2018, “Effects of a DPP4 Inhibitor on Progression of Nash-Related Hepatoma and DNA
Synthesis Pathway Via p62/Keap1/Nrf2 in a Mouse Model: A Metabolomic Analysis” Kurume University School of Medicine
- AASLD 2018, “Gemcabene Regulates Hepatic Genes Associated with Inflammation and Fibrosis with
Impact on Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease” Gemphire Therapeutics Inc.
- AASLD 2018, “CM101, a Novel CCL24 Blocking Antibody, Suppresses Hepatic Injury and Fibrosis In Experimental Models of Nash and Liver Fibrosis” ChemomAb Ltd.
- AASLD 2018, “Unexpected Antidiabetic Effects Combined with Antifibrotic Activities of LXR Inverse
Agonists in Mouse Models of NAFLD/Nash” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG
- The 78th Scientific Sessions ADA, 2018, “Canagliflozin, an SGLT2 Inhibitor, Prevents Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) from Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) in a Mouse Model of NASH-HCC Under Diabetic State” Dokkyo Medical University
- The 78th Scientific Sessions ADA, 2018, “Combination of SGLT2 Inhibitor and Novel Selective PPARα Modulator, Tofogliflozin (Tofo) and Pemafibrate (Pema), Improves Survival Rate in STAM™ Mice as a Diabetic NASH Model” Kowa Company Ltd.
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2018, “Interfering with local fibrotic platelet activation
significantly inhibits fibrosis in multiple animal models: suggestions of the importance of the platelet-wound
healing axis for fibrosis” Symic Bio, Inc.
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2018, “BMS-986036, a PEGylated fibroblast growth factor 21 analogue, reduces fibrosis and PRO-C3 in a mouse model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis” Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2018, “LJN452 (tropifexor) attenuates steatohepatitis, inflammation, and fibrosis in dietary mouse models of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis” Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2018, “Clinical-grade human liver mesenchymal stem cells reduce NAS score and fibrosis progression in advanced stage NASH pre-clinical model through immunomodulation” Promethera Biosciences LLC
- First EASL NAFLD Summit 2017, “Dual CCR2/5 antagonist decreases hepatic inflammation in acute liver injury and NASH metabolic animal models” Pfizer Inc.
- First EASL NAFLD Summit 2017, “AXA1125, a novel defined amino acid composition (DAAC), improves NAFLD activity score (NAS) and reduces fibrosis in two rodent models of nonalcoholic steathepatitis (NASH)” Axcella Health, Inc.
- AASLD 2017, “The Anti-Fibrogenic and Liver Protective Effects of Namodenoson (CF102) in a Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis Model” Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd.
- AASLD 2017, “DPP4 Inhibitor Suppressed Progression of NASH-related Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Inhibition of Metabolic Reprograming in p62-Keap 1-Nrf2-pentose Phosphate Pathway in a Mouse Model: A Metabolomic Analysis” Kurume University School of Medicine
- AASLD 2017, “CB4209 and CB4211 Reduce the NAFLD Activity Score in the STAM™ Model of NASH, Reduce Triglyceride Levels, and Induce Selective Fat Mass Loss in DIO Mice” CohBar, Inc.
- AASLD 2017, “Combination Treatment of LJN452 and Cenicriviroc Snows Additive Effects in a Diet-Induced NASH Model” Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation/Allergan plc/Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
- AASLD 2017, “Gemcabene Attenuates the NAFLD Activity and Fibrosis Scores, and Downregulates Hepatic Inflammatory Genes in the STAM™ Murine Model of NASH-HCC” Gemphire Therapeutics Inc.
- DDW 2017, “A HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitor, Rosuvastatin, as a Potential Preventive Drug for The Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Associated With Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Mice” Osaka Medical College
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2017, “Anti-fibrotic effect of NV556,a sanglifehrin-based cyclophilin inhibitor,in a preclinical model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis” Neuro Vive Pharmaceutical AB
- AACR 2017, “Inhibition of gene expression during non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)-related
hepatocarcinogenesis is mediated by histone H4 lysine 16 deacetylation” FDA-National Center for Toxicological Research.
- AACR 2017, “Alterations in the chromatin accessibility in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis-associated
hepatocellular carcinoma” FDA-National Center for Toxicological Research
- AACR 2017, “Role of miRNAome deregulation in the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
(NASH)-derived hepatocellular carcinoma” FDA-National Center for Toxicological Research
- AASLD 2017, Emerging Trends Conference: Emerging Trends in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, “The Novel Antidiabetic Candidate MTBL0036 Greatly Diminishes The NAFLD Activity Score in The STAM™ Mouse Model of NASH” Metabolys Inc.
- AASLD 2017, Emerging Trends Conference: Emerging Trends in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, “DUR-928, An Endogenous Regulatory Molecule, Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory and Antifibrotic Activity in a Mouse Model of NASH” DURECT Corporation
- AASLD 2016, “A Phase 2 study of BMS-986036 (Pegylated FGF21) in Obese Adults with Type 2 Diabetes and a High Prevalence of Fatty Liver” Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- AASLD 2016, “Effects of BMS-986036 (pegylated fibroblast growth factor 21) on hepatic steatosis and fibrosis in a mouse model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis” Bristol-Myers Squibb Company .
- DDW 2016, “Inhibition of the Ileal Bile Acid Transporter (IBAT) by A4250 Reduces Hepatic Damage in a Mouse Model of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)” Albireo AB
- EASL the International Liver CongressTM 2016, “DPP4 Inhibitor Suppresses Steatohepatitis and HCC Progression with Glucose Re-Programing in a Mouse Model of NASH” Kurume University School of Medicine
- HEP DART 2015, “The Cyclophilin Inhibitor, CPI-431-32, is a Hepatitis B Oral Drug Candidate with Antiviral and Antifibrotic Activities” Ciclofilin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- WDC 2015, “Empagliflozin (an SGLT2 inhibitor), alone or in combination with linagliptin (a DPP-4 inhibitor), prevents steatohepatitis in a novel mouse model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and diabetes” Dokkyo Medical University
- AASLD 2015,“Anti-Fibrotic Effect of Autotaxin and LPA1R Antagonists in a Rodent Model of NASH” Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- AASLD 2015,“Sitagliptin, a Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 inhibitor, Suppressed Tumor Progression with Down-regulation of Nrf Nuclear Expression in a Mouse Model of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis-related Hepatocellular Carcinoma” Kurume University School of Medicine
- AASLD 2015,“Reduction of Hepatic 27-Hydroxycholesterol in Steatohepatitis Model Mice with Insulin Resistance” Tokyo Medical University Ibaraki Medical Center
- AASLD 2015,“Disturbance of regulatory T cells, MDSCs and NK cells is involved in NASH and mouse model of NASH” Tohoku University Hospital.
- AASLD 2015,“Mechanism of Action of the Anti-NASH effects of Solithromycin in a Predictive NASH HCC Mouse Model” Cempra Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- DDW 2015, “Effects of Sitagliptin, a Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor, on Tumor Progression and p62/SQSTM1 Subcellular Localization in a Mouse Model of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma” Kurume University
- Keystone Symposia 2015, “DGAT2 Inhibition Prevents NAFLD and Fibrosis in the STAM™ Mouse Model of NASH“ Pfizer Inc.
- Keystone Symposia 2015, “Oxidized-Phospholipid Small Molecule Inhibits Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and Liver Fibrosis“ Vascular Biogenics Ltd
- AASLD 2014, “L-carnitine prevents progression of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in a mouse model with upregulation of mitochondrial pathway“ Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- AASLD 2014, “MN-001 (tipelukast), a novel, orally bioavailable drug, reduces fibrosis and inflammation and down-regulates TIMP-1, collagen Type 1 and LOXL2 mRNA overexpression in an advanced NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) model“ MediciNova, Inc.
- ICLAF 2014, “MN-001 (tipelukast), a nonselective phosphodiesterase, 5-lipoxygenase, leukotriene, phospholipase C and thromboxane A2 inhibitor, demonstrates anti-fibrotic effects in the bleomycin-induced idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis mouse model“ MediciNova, Inc.
- ADA 2014, “Liraglutide prevents steatohepatitis, liver fibrosis, and accompanying carcinogenesis in a diabetes and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis mouse model treated with STZ-HFD“ Saga University
- ATS 2014, “Solithromycin Reduces Inflammation In Mice Caused By Bleomycin-Induced Lung Injury“ Cempra, Inc.
- DDW 2014, “Anti-NASH Effects of Solithromycin in NASH-HCC Mouse Model“ Cempra, Inc.
- AACR 2014, “Clinicopathological characterization of non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)-derived Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) as a patient stratification model in mice)” The Jikei University School of Medicine
- Keystone Symposia 2014, “The NADPH Oxidase (NOX) Inhibitor GKT137831 Alleviates Liver Inflammation and Fibrosis in a Mouse Model of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)” Genkyotex S.A.
- 15th International Workshop on Co-morbidities and Adverse Drug Reactions in HIV, “Anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory activity of the dual CCR2 and CCR5 antagonist cenicriviroc in a mouse model of NASH” Tobira Therapeutics Inc.
- AASLD 2013, “Anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory activity of the dual CCR2 and CCR5 antagonist cenicriviroc in a mouse model of NASH” Tobira Therapeutics Inc.
- AASLD 2013, “L-carnitine prevents progression of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis with regulation of mitochondrial β-oxidation and redox system in NASH model Mice” Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- FASEB SRC 2013, Lysophospholipid and Other Related Mediators - From Bench to Clinic, “ATX inhibition prevents progression of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in a hypoinsulinemic mouse model of progressive liver disease” F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd
- DDW 2013, “Vitamin E and L-Carnitine Prevents Progression of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis With Regulation of Intestinal Inflammasome Activation in NASH Model Mice” Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- DDW 2013, “Rosuvastatin Prevents Liver Tumorigenesis in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice“ 2nd Department of Internal Medicine Osaka Medical College
- AASLD 2012, “Comparative proteomic analysis of the liver in a murine model of non- alcoholic steatohepatitis” Third Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata University Medical School
- AASLD 2012, “Inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress by 4-phenylbutyrate prevents steatohepatitis progression and tumorigenesis in NASH-HCC model mice” Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine
- AASLD 2012, “Galectin-3 targeting drugs inhibit multiple pathological pathways leading to improvement of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)” Galectin Therapeutics Inc.
- AASLD 2012, “Hepatic gene expression of the SPTLC3 subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase is associated with the development of liver cancer in a NASH mouse model” Department of Human and Environmental Sciences, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medicine and Dental Sciencesq
- The 72th Scientific Sessions ADA, 2012, “Linagliptin is an Effective Therapeutic for Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)” Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH & Co. KG
- DDW 2012, “A Novel Murine Model Recapitulates the Pathogenesis of Human Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and NASH-related Hepatocellular Carcinoma”
- DDW 2012, “Effects of Telmisartan on a Murine Model of Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and NASH-related Hepatocellular Carcinoma”
- DDW 2012, “The Chemical Chaperon 4-Phenylbutyrate Inhibits Liver Fibrosis and Tumorigenesis in High-Fat Diet With N-acetyl-β-D-glucosaminedase Inhibitor-Induced NASH Model Mice” Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine
- EASL The International Liver CongressTM 2012 - 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, “FXR agonists prevent steatosis, hepatocyte death and progression of NASH towards HCC in a hypoinsulinaemic mouse model of progressive liver disease” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG
- AASLD 2011, “The Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor Linagliptin is an Effective Therapeutic for Metabolic Liver Disease in Several Rodent Models of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)” Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH & Co. KG
- EASL Special Conference - Liver Transplantation 2011, “Improvement of steatosis, inflammation, and fibrosis in a mouse model of steatohepatitis following treatment with galectin inhibitor” Galectin Therapeutics Inc.
- EASL The International Liver CongressTM 2011 - 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver, “Novel FXR agonists with potent lipid lowering, insulin sensitising, anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotisation effects in mouse models of metabolic syndrome and NASH” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG
- The 9th JSH SingleTopic Conference “NASH 2010”, “Strong Anti-steatotic and Anti-fibrotic Effects of Novel FXR Agonists in a Murine NASH Model that Resembles Human NASH” Phenex Pharmaceuticals AG