CRO & CONSULTING SERVICE INFO.
- Pharmacological Studies
- Pharmacological studies using inflammation and fibrosis mice models.
- Histopathological analysis.
- Creating stained histological samples from paraffin blocks
- Clinical samples from rodents
- Inflammation and fibrosis models
- Expertise in fibrosis in various organs (liver, kidney, lung, intestine and skin)
- Histopathological analysis
- Established new immuno-staining and scoring methods using our expertise in evaluating MASH(f.k.a. NASH,hereinafter referred as MASH/NASH) and fibrosis.
- Through our expertise, we can easily identify ballooning degeneration, an evaluation which has proven to be difficult by third parties, in pathological samples of MASH/NASH and fibrosis models made by clients
- Benefits of use
- Objective data package
- Established pharmacological studies
Founded in October 2006
A privately-held non-clinical CRO based in Tokyo, Japan;
Our animal facilities received the approval of Animal Welfare Assurance for foreign institutions from the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on November 30, 2015.
This is an assurance by the OLAW that SMC’s facility meets the standards of United States Public Health Service (PHS) policy and PHS-funded animal activities. PHS funding components include the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
specialized in research on fibrosis and inflammation
Non-clunical pharmacology study
- High-performance pharmacology utitizing the companys expertise in research
- Lineup of various disease models relating to fibrosis, inflammation, metabolic disorders and cancer
- Strategic study design proposed by experienced physicians and scientists
- In-house, high quality analyses; proven skills in Histology
- Elaborate and comprehensive reports by Ph.D. holders
- Professional support for data publication/IND application
Our pathology specialists support the construction of experimental analysis systems, data acquisition and explanation of results, and maximize the information from the histology samples of pharmacology studies conducted by clients.
List of evaluation items
With our expertise in inflammation and fibrosis, we will perform histopathological quantification and scoring for each tissue.
- Fibrosis evaluation
(alpha-SMA immunostaining, ER-TR7 immunostaining, Sirius red staining, Masson trichrome staining, etc.)
- Inflammation evaluation
(F4 / 80 immunostaining, Gr-1 immunostaining, CD4 immunostaining, etc.)
- Fat deposition evaluation
(Oil red staining)
- Cell proliferation / apoptosis evaluation
(Ki67 immunostaining, TUNEL staining, etc.)
- Human tissue evaluation
(HE staining, Sirius red staining, etc.)
Utilizing our expertise in fibrosis, we provide a fibrosis analysis method suitable for each disease model tissue.
With our proprietary STAM™ model at the core of our 17 model lineup, SMC provides biospecimens available for purchase and shipping.
Our animal facilities have been certified by the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare(OLAW),National Institutes of Health(NIH),and proven to meet international standards expected by global pharmaceuticals, biotech and universities at audits.